The bed and breakfast is open !!
Come and spend the night with silly Pete in his self-made universe. Here you will find a year-round vacation feeling! This man cannot sit still and it shows. The houseboat is on the Lower Rhine in the center of Arnhem at the end of the town quay, hidden behind a large mosaic terrace garden. Experience the tranquility of the flowing water, the bread begging gulls and ducks, fishing grebes and sometimes a kingfisher. Passing freight and cruise ships create a gentle swell.
The rooms are suitable for a romantic getaway for two. In this decor landscape you will feel far away and at home at the same time. The rooms are large and unique but with simple comfort. They have single and double beds, one big (well big?) a 140x200cm Matras and 1 duvet, just like the old days, how romantic. There is a space for all guests with a seat, microwave and free coffee and tea. Take the paddleboat, laze in the garden, light the firepit in the evening and have a chat with the other guests.
You stroll along the quay into the city life where you find cafes, restaurants, cinemas, theater and stores. Arnhem's CS railway station, regional bus station, city buses and cabs all sit together from there to the boat is 10 minutes walk. Arnhem is situated in the river landscape on the border between the stuwwal of the Veluwe and the Betuwe in the province of Gelderland.
In the rooms...
- own bathroom with shower
- private terrace with seating overlooking the Rhine
- no air conditioning
- no heating but a small electric heater
- TV with only 3 Dutch channels
- pick-up with mainly Italian opera records
..... more but that I am not telling
Another thing you should know...
- The boat is not easily accessible for people with mobility problems
- The boat is not wheelchair accessible
- There is no private parking but there is a large free public parking area attached to the garden. Sometime it is full and you will have to wait a bit for cars to leave. Please come by train!
- Motorcycles and bicycles can be parked in the garden, but at your own risk.
- No pets, on the boat live house cat Hendrik and he considers it his own palace.
- Not suitable for people with a cat (hair) allergy.
- The boat is surrounded by city nature so yes there are spiders on the balcony.
- Breakfast is vegetarian and cannot be adjusted for special diets or allergies. The eggs are from free-range chickens, the cheese from Stolwijk, real orangejuice, Creabea's homemade vegan jam. (On request a vegan breakfast is possible)
€ 130,- per night from Friday to Sunday
€ 120,- per night from sunday till friday
minimum stay of 2 nights
prices are per room incl. 2 persons and breakfast,
send your preference for a room with single beds or a double bed. Payment, cash on arrival, no cards !
The b&b is open from May 6, you can make a reservationrequest and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org